Friday, March 30, 2007

Guilty..

(these are some random lines about two people who used to be a significant part of my life.. all that remain of them are memories...some good, some bad)

I just wanted to protect you
To take care of you when you were alone
I just wanted to believe in you
When everyone said you were wrong
I wish you understood that i really did care
I wish you knew that i never did compare
Nevertheless, the mistakes were mine
I was the one who had the expectations
I am the one guilty for believing in our friendship.

I just wanted to be with you
In times of sorrow and of happiness
I just wanted to share my life with you
And cherish all the amazing moments spent
I wish you knew that i meant each promise i made
I wish you could realise the depth of each word i said
However, the faults were mine
I was the one who could never see beyond us
I am the one guilty for believing in our love.

4 comments:

Deepshikha said...

honestly speaking i didn't like this post of yours...sorry...but sweets if u feel guilty...why is it so? u were not guilty...u were naive in trusting the relation..in believing in them..i dont think guilty is the word...

Anonymous said...

Hi Renee,

The first thing I noticed about yr blogs was the time ,
They are all posted between midnight and early morning.

I feel this is the time you are closest to ones soul,
Y cd almost feel the sound of your feelings, it is not necessry tha8 y ve 2 go through the same expeiense to sense the intensity or the passion if you have the imagination. Those weehours when you have almost lived and relived those moments could mean only one thing . tha8 you can almost feel and cry out of pain and out of pleasure and ecstacy or without any of them ..even an idea..a moment, a passing thought or an image can take you there//unlike most, you are not dead // you are very much alive .. i dont understand poetry .. it may not be glittery but it reaches somewhere which is piercing…

Sorry I just could not resist

Cheers
tanmoy

rania said...

i belive in every word tis poem says...having gone thru tis myself...i knw how it feels...bt as time doesnt stop fr neone...we all hve to move on...
so keep on writing amazing poety...
luv ya !!

Unknown said...

well i havnt experienced pain as such... bt this one really strikes a chord...