Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Light Does Shine On Me...

I smile with the smiling faces around me
I love the loving souls around me
Showered with care and happiness
I do not even see a glimpse of darkness.

I may walk alone sometimes
But am aware of people who are always with me
I may make mistakes at times
But I have friends who understand and forgive me.

The love and friendship
Always hold me tight
The joy gained is above any hardship
I never feel lonely at night.

The pleasant things in life will never seem to cease
If you look at life the way I do
The clear blue skies and the fresh green trees
And with just a little understanding of who is who.

I wonderingly gaze outside the window
The soothing sunlight touches me
I am happy and it feels as though
The light does shine on me.

5 comments:

Deepshikha said...

Blessed are those who can take without forgiving, but great our those who give without remembering... Ur relations make u feel complete...

Mam' of the three poems this is the most tastefully written poem... It really shows how imp ur relations are for u... Hats off to such commitment

Anonymous said...

i could feel the poem! marvelous! poetry at its finest:)

TreasureChest said...

hmph...so now i have another reason for not calling you- u rite good poetry! *grumble* :D kidding "girl"..love it all!..shaken not stirred is my personal fav..keep up the great work!

rania said...

so here im commenting on ur poems at last..!!after bearing al d tortures 1 thng i cn say very honestly is tat dude u seriously write gud poetry n i mean it..except d thnkn part:D..tis 1 is m fav one..coz its d "happy poem"a as u knw..really like d idea of u writing a happy poem coz its suits ya..v glad to c how much relationships matter to ya..keep on givn respect to ur relationships n ull get thm back in return..keep up d gud wrk dude..
cheers !

Unknown said...

I can SO connect to this poem... the light is definitely shining for my pal... :-)
Kudos!