Saturday, February 10, 2007

Shaken Not Stirred...

With tears im my eyes
My vision may be blurred
I am shaken
Though not stirred
Shaken from my dreams, my beliefs
And what I was lured
Into thinking was my destiny.

I hear the joy and happiness
Calling out loud to me
But something that had been
Would not let go of me,
I pray hard to have
The strength to set free
And run to where i belong.

I have had my share
Of sorrow, deceit and lies
Its time for me to fly now
Fly high into the clear blue skies
Being where i should
And doing what i want
No more heart-broken cries

I shut my eyes tight
The tear drops down kissing my cheek
I open my eyes now
And can see a magical light
There is nothing left of what should not be,
Now I wipe that tear alright-
I know i am just
Shaken not stirrred.

11 comments:

TreasureChest said...

faaaack..its awesome!

Deepshikha said...

I really am speechless for this...its like it shadows my beliefs that relations hurt... dont let anyone come so close that it gives the person to coz turmoil in ur life.. Its ur life live it ur way for urself... one can be complete with oneself...
sorry sweets this has just zapped me...

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC! girl, u've left me speechless...
keep writing such soul-stirring poetry...:)

Anonymous said...

beautifully written

rania said...

i knw u wil be expectn loads of galis frm me fr tis poem..bt lemme gve u a suprise..d main reason fr me nt liking tis poem much was tat it made u remem ur past n sme past of m life also..bt thn tis poem has loads of meaning in it..ppl who has been thru tis phrase of life cn undrstnd tis poem nd relate to it...nd u wth ur thnkn nd writing skills hve executed tis poem very well..im really pround of ya..very well done !! bt thn u hve to remem 1 thng tat watever has gone is gone ,it is PAST..so stp livn in ur past n start njoyn ur present n gt ready fr ur beautiful future..coz not everythng in tis world betrays us..
so keep up d gud wrk..!! god bless ya..

Renee said...

gawd....!luv all u guys for this..never actually thot u guys wud bliv d idea of me ritin poetry!
yeah dis 1 has sum sad memories bt i promis gud stuff wud follow.. sply u shyamantika..yhnk u 4 dis 1..!

rania said...

and yes i would like you guys 2 atleast display ur name so tht i acn say thank u!

Unknown said...

yup!!!!!!
gud very gud!!!!

i'hv sum wordz for ya...........

tl ya whn time cumes********


carry on writing poemz.........


Adi.

Sriya said...

very inspiring

Renee said...

hey ppl..
dis poem is jst rly close 2 my heart so it feels pretty gr8 dt u guys chkd it out n appreciated dis..
n adi im still waitin for d word dt u hv kept in store 4 me.. n sriya im glad u find dis inspirin...

Sriya said...

:) well it sure is..i think one of the best here ! u shud post more...have u recently started writing? Or have u always?

and do not take my comments on the other posts to heart please...i really liked the poems that is why i read them,all i was doin was suggesting but i think you don't appreciate that ...so i shall refrain :) anyway ..do keep writing! And feel free to comment on my posts if u want ..i just posted somethin new !