Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Empty Me

I wanted to see the world
So I left you and went ahead
I wanted to succeed in life
So I abandoned whatever stood in my way
Now that I stand here
Reaching the peak very few can
Why am I all alone?
Why am I repentant?
Why cannot I even share the joy?

I am content but am oblivious
Of what real happiness is
Everybody knows me now
But I have lost my real identity
So karma really does exist?
Am I broken because of
The heartaches I caused long ago?
Was it a miscalculated mistake on my part,
Or was it just simple justified fate?

I have forgotten how to smile
I have given up all those
Who now I know meant the most to me
Is it too late to beg for forgiveness?
Are they too far for me to get them back?
I wish I had listened then
To the shrieking conscience in me
And now everything is gone,
There is nothing left but the empty me.

2 comments:

Deepshikha said...

Wow! so few words so little left unsaid

rimo satrajit said...

Failure is success delayed nt success denied....... Dosent matr if u r goin thru a difclt phase in ur lyf, u mst hv dat cnfidnce n self belief 2 bail urslf out f difclt situatnz n surge forward in lyf.... Lyfz unbearable n gruellin bt death is nt pleasant either......